Wednesday, March 8, 2017


Emily Palmer

Dr. Clark

Blog Paper

9 March 2017



            I’m so glad I took this class because I didn’t realize how satisfying blogging is. It allows people to express their feelings in a way that gives them time to think. So often we speak without thinking. Blogging is a way to filter ourselves. It allows the blogger to consider consequences and personally has shown me that I’m much more eloquently spoken through writing.

            I like the fact that I can showcase my humor. Some of it may be a little off-color or offensive. I’m not trying to hide behind a computer when I say these things. I know that if a reader is offended by something I say they can just not read my blog. Having a blog is very liberating in that way.

            An aspect of blogging that I would ideally look into is blogging for a company. I’ve spoken to several people who get paid to sit at home and blog a couple of times a month. Some people get advertisers on their blogs. The blogger needs to have a niche. I don’t think my blog really has a niche. It certainly has a target audience: people who share the same humor as me. My friends think it’s funny. I can see how many readers wouldn’t agree. So, it seems that the people who are making money from their blogs, aside from blogging for a company, are blogging about something that’s fairly universal like makeup, health, beauty, food, travel and other things that are far more relatable.

            I wish more people read my blog. I’ve been contemplating putting a link to it on Facebook. I appreciate this class because I will probably include my blog on my resume just to demonstrate that I actually know how to write. This is why I have kept my blog fairly clear of profanity and anything inappropriate, although again, I can see how some people might get offended by my humor. That’s the whole point. Humor is supposed to be offensive.

2 comments:

  1. Just be true to your own voice, no matter who you're writing for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete